Irritated beyond irritated. So for my month long vacation I thought I would be smart and bring 1 box of contacts (3 sets or a month and a half supple) plus another set for a total of 4 pairs. These 4 pairs would last me almost 2 months since I change mine out every 2 weeks. So in other words I thought I was covered! COVERED!
Nope, I was wrong. The past few days my eyes have been really itchy and on Sunday I wore my glasses all day, Monday I could only wear them half of the day, and today well I figured it was close enough to my 2 weeks of wearing this pair to change them. Usually I wear them a little longer; maybe a week longer. But after talking, thru Romulo of course, with my Sister In Law, Tereza, she mentioned that her eyes were itchy because of the pollen. Wow who know I would get used to the pollen so fast here! I'm one lucky girl! So I knew after that discussion that I needed to really keep to my 2 weeks and try to clean them a little better.
Well, long story short I went to my box and started opening the set I would need for the next two weeks. And wouldn't you know all 6 contact lenses in the box were all ripped on the side! That has NEVER happened to me in all of my 15 years of wearing contacts! I mean I have experienced 1 out of the box being bad but that hasn't happened in years! I was heart broken. Luckily I had brought 1 more set of contacts, they were in my make up bag, and they were good! So this one box was DEFECTED BEYOND DEFECTED! I'm going to have words with either Johnson and Johnson or COSTCO!
After Romulo calmed me down he told me that I could probably go into some eye store in the Mall and get a box even without a prescription. I was praying they would like my American money and give it to me without a prescription. Well wouldn't you know they liked my American $$. Just kidding. They said that since I brought in the box of contacts with me that they could sell me a box. Lucky me!
Okay, maybe not so lucky after knowing the cost! 1 box of my contacts here in Brazil costs R$114 or $63 American Dollars! $63! Ouch that hurt the wallet! Merry Christmas to my eyes! Seriously, $63. I keep saying that amount over and over again in my head. I mean I can buy 1 box for $19 at Costco sometimes cheaper when my eye store has promotions!
Let's just say every two weeks for a month and a half my eyes will be wearing $20 worth of contact lenses! Lucky me!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment