One thing I loved about today's trip to the Condur Grocery store was that on every Thursday the produce (veggies and fruits) are discounted; and the produce is GOOD! They don't discount it to get rid of it, they discount it because well I don't know. But its a good move because the produce section was packed! I mean people were packing their carts full of produce! Maybe that's whats wrong with the US people? We don't consume enough fresh food.
I had a list and was making sure I got things I needed for us to eat along with Kau'e's regular likes (sweet potatoes - different than ones in US, peaches, pears, grapes, papaya, mangos, bananas, green beans, peas, potato - white, apples, cucumbers, broccoli, and lime oranges). Lime oranges is an orange but not as acidic as normal oranges you and me are used too. It's actually the first juice - when you juice them - people here in Brazil give to their kids. It's like us in the US giving apple juice/prune juice for our kids first juice.
Kau'e loves the lime oranges here. Every day he gets a 4oz bottle of it and loves it! I know I will have a hard time finding the same when we get back to the US. Any orange experts out there? I need one. I may have a better chance of finding them in California.
Back to my post! I bought 8 lime oranges for R$0,85; that is $0.45! 45cents for 8 lime oranges. It's crazy! (Side note: 1 lime orange juices about 2oz. I use one lime orange and fill the rest of the 4 oz bottle with water - 2oz of lime orange 2oz of water.)
P.S. I now need to find a hand juice squeezer like the one I'm using here so I can go home and feel even more old school domestic!
P.P.S. I need to also find a small/mini strainer that fits into a cup to help strain the pulp.
I just googled these two items and I can find them in the US but I want them from Brazil! LOL!


No comments:
Post a Comment