Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Largest Mall in Latin America

is in Curitiba and we visited it today! Let me first off say that I will enter any mall you put in front of me! LOL! And to be honest this mall was big but with all the stores being so small and compact it didn't feel big! It was 4 levels and had a great mix of things.

Stores here are kind of like little boutiques when it comes to the layout. They have 1 of every item of clothing out but then if you want a specific size you ask the sale person for it. (I hate shopping like this by the way!) The sales people are paid by commission so I understand it.

Also, I saw a lot of familiar faces like Ashton being a model for a Brazilian clothing store, Katie Holmes for a jewelry store, and Gisele Bundchen. Gisele is seen all over this place; from her flip flop brand, to her clothing line at C&A's department store, to a Cable company, and to a lingerie brand. It must be a bad life!

Yesterday we went to a store like Babies R Us and looked around and let me tell you its interesting to see the difference in prices. I mean I could understand the price difference being 3 or 4 times higher but for almost everything ranging from strollers, car seats, cribs, clothing, and pack n plays it was almost 100% higher price. For example our Peg Pregeo stroller here in Brazil is $500 and a Chicco car seat stroller combo was $1000. Could you believe paying this?

No comments: