Now on to the post I want to write!
Brazil is amazing in many ways! But then there are things I know I would miss with all my heart if we were ever to live here! Like one, CHOCOLATE CHIPS! I know pathetic! But you can not find bags of chocolate chips. Knowing this from the two other times I visited I brought my own bag; the big bag from Costco! Last night for FHE I made chocolate chip cookies for the family! I taught the women how to make it my family's way! It was heaven. They were a little different but still good. The brown sugar here is more like the 18th century way of sugar, little more bitter, and darker! The vanilla extract is a little different too; by smell and taste. Plus you are working with a different type of oven/heating/etc. After I got the hang of it it was great!
A few more things that I found different or outrageous in the grocery store.
-80 ct baby wipe container costs roughly $12!
-The frozen section is not big because everything is made from scratch/fresh.
-A large can of green beans costs $4
-Can't find bagels or waffles
-A box of pancake mix (which makes about 20 pancakes) costs about $7; no maple syrup
-Eggs are on the shelf and not refrigerated (at the store)
-Milk comes in a box and not refrigerated (until its open)
-Philadelphia cream cheese is cheaper than the other 3 brands I saw; crazy!
-Butter does not come in stick form. It comes like cream cheese comes.
-Juices here are soy base.
-Toddy comes in a dark chocolate mix now called Toddy Black! Its delicious!
Much more I'm sure but I can't think of it right now.
Did you know that Coca-Cola has a brand of jeans out? Yup, yesterday at the mall I saw in a stores window a pair of Coca-Cola jeans! Can you imagine asking for Coke jeans?! Love it!


No comments:
Post a Comment