Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mommy Bragging

I have to do a mommy brag right now!  For the past few weeks Yara has been trying to crawl.  She has been on all fours and rocking and scooting but not real crawling.  What is real crawling anyways?  You know what I mean where she takes her hands and then the legs/knees follow.  She wasn't doing that, until tonight!  She finally got it all together!  She also has been mastering the sitting up from the crawling position.  Finally the past few days she has gotten that one leg out from underneath and is now sitting on her bottom.  She is finally, tonight too, going from the crawling position to sitting up position and not holding herself with her hands!  Its really amazing to see such a small little thing do it.  She's only 5 months and 2 days!  My mom says I am watching myself when I see her doing this stuff.  I mom said I was just like that!  Trust me I'm glad she is mobile because I saw Kau'e wanting so much when he couldn't crawl.  But that's just it, I felt like it was yesterday I was watching him master crawling!  How could it really be that I'm now watching my second child crawl and sitting up?  Kau'e sat up for the first time by himself at 6 months exactly and crawling he was 8 months.  So at 4 months she learned to sit up and crawl but today 5 months and 2 days polish it and make it perfect!  That's my girl!

She also has given herself a black eye and a half!  Plus she cut a little underneath the eye with a diamond rattle my mom gave her for her first Christmas!  The diamond and cupcake have been taken away until she can "control" it better.  Poor girl.  We call her our Black Eye Pea!




No comments: