So Kau'e went to see the Allergist today and had the pin prick test done on his back. This appointment was almost 2 hours long. It was so good to finally get some (some) answers to why his eyes would flare up and get red and flaky. I was right he is allergic to strawberries. I had a bad hunch that he was and I'm so sorry for him to be allergic because that boy LOVES his strawberries. He tested 3+ for that. He also tested high (2+) for molds and grasses. He tested (1+) for egg yolk, milk, caesin, bananas, apples, oranges, dogs, cats, and some other items but not to say as far as not give him any of these items like strawberries. But its all a guessing game as far as how many pushes him over his limit. He might be okay with 2 oranges but that 3rd might push him over. We are taking a prescription allergy medicine since he was already taking zyrtec. He has been given an oniment cream to put on his eyes in case he breaks out again around his eyes. We see the allergist again in 1 month.
Kau'e is a strong boy to hold while they pricked his back. Whenever I take him to the peds I always come back so tired, sore from holding/picking/lifting, and usually get a bruise or two. Well this time being 2 hours long you can say I got it all. But I got to spend some good one on one time with him. Plus thank goodness for smartphones and Bob the Builder!
That night he broke my lamp too! Oh well. Romulo glued a lot of it back and now it only has a hole the size of a nickel in the back. Its back up and working! Oh my, oh my!
No comments:
Post a Comment