Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby Kangaroo = Buck

Did you know that a male baby kangaroo is called a Buck? Sure is! This morning before we took MeMom (so sad) to the airport she got some more one-on-one time with Kau'e. And when she got him she noticed that his little hands got out of the SwaddleMe and she said that he looked like a baby kangaroo.

MeMom and Buck, I mean Baby Kangaroo, I mean Kau'e:


2 comments:

molly kay said...

A baby kangaroo is called a Joey. I've never heard it called a buck...maybe I am wrong. He does look like a baby kangaroo with his hands out front like that though! T

Romulo & Lydia said...

MK

Okay so I googled some more and I found this from an Austrailian website about kangaroos.

A male kangaroo is called a boomer/buck
A female kangaroo is called a flyer
A baby kangaroo is called a joey