Tuesday, June 2, 2009

LOVE is in the AIR

Yes, it's true my little sister (Emma Naomi) is getting married! It just so happened that I had planned a trip to Utah and she got engaged while I was here. It really couldn't have been better timing and all since she is the only one on my side of the family in Utah. So, I felt pretty proud to be there with her to pick out THE WEDDING dress. For my wedding planning I didn't have any one with me to pick out the dress but I think I did pretty good if you ask myself. I do remember wishing I had someone there to bounce ides/thoughts off but oh well I made it. Monday and Tuesday we were able to get a lot planned and decided. We went to 4 different bridal stores and after the 1st place and 4th dress later we found THE ONE! But girls can never settled on going to 1 place we need to see them ALL!!! And that's just what we did but nothing compared to THE ONE! I couldn't be happier for my little sister, the baby of the clan! The wedding is set for August 15th in the San Diego Temple. Hahaha, you're probably wondering why a California Temple when the groom is from Colorado and the bride is from Virginia and all I have to say is "Baby gets whatever she wants!" Plus, she has always said she wanted to get married on the beach so I guess this is close enough (even though there are beaches in VA)!!! We love you Emma and couldn't be happier! Oh and I guess we love you too Calvin!!! Here is Emma in the fitting room after trying on only 4 dresses. Oh she has no clue what she got herself into!!! Just Kidding!(In picture: Lydia, Emma, and Calvin) Here is the lovely bride and groom back in September when I first met my soon to be brother-in-law in Provo.

3 comments:

Heather Singleton said...

aw that's so exciting!!!

Mom To Winfield said...

Lou,
You crack me up. You are being such a good sport dealing with the happy couple. Glad you can be there with Em. Love Marian

Katie said...

Oh how fun. I got to go dress shopping with my sister this year, and that was lots of fun. My sister was always going to get married in Hawaii, but she changed her mind, and went for Seattle. She and the groom were both from WA, so it really made more sense that way. :)