Saturday, June 6, 2009

Airport Greeting

Yesterday afternoon I flew back from a 10 day visit in Utah and I found myself being kidnapped by Romulo. He picked me up from the airport to tell me that I was being kidnapped for the weekend. At first I was a little bummed because after being away from your home for a number of days you kind of just want your own bed, TV, sofa, etc. But after he told me where we were going I was super excited. We were headed to Pacific Grove, CA (Butterfly Capital of USA) to stay in the Seven Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in their Ocean Mist room and couldn't have had better views of the ocean.After we checked in we went on a walk around Lover's Point Park. Then we headed towards Monterey's Cannery Row. For dinner we ate at Abalonetti's Seafood Trattoria. After sunset we went on a walk to hear the night sounds. As we were falling asleep we heard the sounds of sea lions and the ocean waves. In the morning we enjoyed a full breakfast at the Inn and then headed off to Carmel-by-the-Sea. We drove along the 17-Mile Drive that is famous for showing off Pebble Beach (where there is a golf tournament).
It was amazing! That's what I call one great greeting at the airport and welcome back to home! (Pictures below)This view is from Carmel-by-the-Sea looking towards Pebble Beach.The beach at Lover's Point Park. It's super cute.The rocks at Lover's Point Park (which is right across the street from our Inn).

1 comment:

Mom To Winfield said...

Lydia,
What a wonderful surprise. It looks gorgeous.When we were in SF, we visited Monterey Cannery, what history is there.