Monday, June 8, 2009

HOME is where the Heart Is

Whenever I get ready for a trip back home to VA I always get these mixed feelings. Ones of childhood memories, excitement to be home around your old stomping grounds, and sadness. I feel like I am going home to familiar grounds but know that "my home" really isn't "my home" anymore. Home is where ever Romulo is. Home is where the two of us are together. Home is where family is. So, I guess home can be in multiple places. It's where ever love is found, people you care for are at, and where memories can be made and remembered forever!

This is the house I was born in (Leesburg, VA). Yes, that's right I was born at home and yes it was planned. This is of Nichols Hardware store. In the center of town; Purcellville, VA.

California has really welcomed us and made us feel good inside. Utah I won't say wasn't a good place and didn't make us feel welcomed it was just a stepping stone in our journey of life. It was a great place for Romulo and I to start our marriage off, to learn much from the Church, to meet great friends, and to get an education. I'm grateful for our time in Utah but am so glad we have moved on and wanted to move on the moment we set ground in Utah.
Now being in Northern CA we feel like we are at the place we needed to be and wished for being. Sure we miss our families in Brazil and in Virginia but we know they are safe and loved even from far away. We have also been fortunate to visit each side of the family often. Plus, both of our families are so close knit that we don't miss a beat. If I haven't talked to a family member in 2 days someone will call me to check up on us! That's what I love about my family; always the concern and the follow thru!
Virginia I hope you are ready for this girl to return to her roots! I love being an Virginian! Oh and I love being half Brazilian now too!

This is the Red Fox Inn in Middleburg, Va where Romulo and I stayed on our wedding night. George Washington and his wife Mary stayed at this inn. Love the history in VA.
The Capital Building in Washington, DC (taken in January 09)

1 comment:

molly kay said...

Can't wait to have you back with us for a little while in your '2nd home" Virginia!