Sunday, January 4, 2009
ER Visit to Start the New Year
I knew this new year would bring new different challenges but I never thought it would bring a visit to the E.R. That's right this morning I woke up at 6 am and knew I needed to see a doctor. At the end of our visit in VA I wasn't feeling the best but thought I could shake it off by rest and over the counter medicine but boy was I wrong. I'm fairly new to CA and please someone let me know if I'm wrong but they don't have Urgent Care centers; but if there are I don't see them. So here I'm stuck with the E.R. I went through my symptoms: tight chest, sore throat, coughing my head off, aches and pains, and stuffy nose. I got two x-rays done on my chest and walked away with a cough medicine and antibiotics. The doctor was super nice with me, unlike my last E.R. visit here in CA but that's another story, and told me to take it easy for the next couple of days. I have some kind of viral/bacterial in my chest/sinuses and it could easily turn into walking pneumonia if it's not that already. Nice huh? Just how I saw myself starting off the 2009 year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That sucks. We hope that you get feeling better.
Hi, Lydia - not sure about CA geography, but our website has a page where you can find urgent care by state, so you may want to look at the listing there - http://www.ucaoa.org/ucaoa_orgs.php Sorry you are sick - hope this helps for the next time.
Lou Ellen Horwitz
Executive Director
Urgent Care Association of America
I'm so sorry Lydia! Do you not have a regular doc? ER visits are so pricey. Hope you feel better- I didn't know you weren't feeling well when you left!
We hope you're feeling better! I can't believe they don't have urgent care centers!
Lydia,
I'm sorry you are sick, I know everyone was sick out here a couple weeks before you came but I thought it was over by now. You know mom and were just saying that the holidays were "sickless" for our family.Last new years day winfield had a 105.4 fever and we were in the er with RSV.Hope you feel better soon.mh
Post a Comment