Saturday, January 3, 2009

VA Christmas 2008

Christmas in Virginia this year was very special. We were able to play with our nephews, visit some of our favorite spots in Northern VA, strengthen our relationships with our family members, and were also able to be at Aiden's baby blessing.It's kind of funny being from a large family (6 kids) and when I was growing up I kind of thought our family was small in size because I don't know when you grow up around a lot of people you don't really mind the lack of space one has to live in. But since being married and moving away from everyone you start to realize how quite life is and how much space you have. At least for me its that way. I get scared really easily now and like to have my personal time alone. So going home this year and everyone being around I realized how much I missed the large loud crowd. (But trust me I like being at home in my own quite personal space.) It took me a few days to readjust but after that I was right at home.So what did we do in VA for 2 weeks? Shopped with my mom and sisters, visited Middleburg and D.C., drove by the house I was born in (yes, I was born at home and yes it was planned), walked the streets of Purcellville (the town I grew up in), played a lot with my nephews, took family portraits with my family, and ate a lot of my mom's home cooked food.Sarah with Aiden Christmas morning trying to stuff him into a Christmas Stocking. His little shirt says, "Santa is my home boy."
Ellen not liking that I'm taking random pictures but she was a good sport after the 10th picture.Winfield being the little cutie that he is.Another picture of Sarah with Aiden (two weeks old).Zander Christmas morning playing with his Home Depot tools. What fun?Easton is all about the Lego's and counting money these days. Here he is already putting together one of the many Lego sets he received Christmas morning. Hudson all excited about the electronic dirt bike he received from Santa. At first he was a little scared about getting on it but after the first test drive he is now cruising around outside the house. Washington, D.C. at the Monument.
The Capital building is getting all set up for the upcoming inauguration of Obama. Romulo and I in front of the Thomas Jefferson memorial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOGGING TECHNIQUE. MAR