Thursday, January 8, 2009
Oh If I had a Parrot?
Who says a wife can't benefit from their husband having an XBox? I guess some can agree with this but others might not look at an XBox as beneficial. Over the last 4 years I've tried kind of hard to learn my husband's native tongue, Portuguese, but still haven't made it. Hopefully one day I will come close to completing sentences. But lately my husband has set up his 25 inch computer monitor to the XBox. This has allowed me to continue watching TV. He sets the monitor/XBox right beside the TV I'm watching. It's his way of still being in the same room as me and feeling close to me but doing what he loves to do. So you're probably wondering how I benefit from the XBox? I listen to him playing with other Brazilians speak Portuguese. Okay, so I don't understand anything but I do LOVE to mimic his phrases. The phrases are usually really short and are repeated very frequently so I'm able to pick it up easily. I think it's funny mimicking him because most of the time he doesn't realize I'm yelling the latest phrase with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment