My new church calling is with the Young Women (Beehive age 12-14) and am super excited to be among teenagers since I still feel young at heart. (Haha; right.) Anyhow, I feel like I can give them a lot but then again I need to set a good example too. So the other night for an extra activity I went out with the girls to get ice cream in honor of a new girl joining our class. I quickly remembered what it was like to be a young teenage girl and all the chatting to go along with it. Man its amazing to think that I too once was able to carry 3 or 4 different conversations at the same time (and not get a headache). But now along with those conversations the girls are texting on their cell phones, wow! The whole night was hilarious with the random conversations but to think about how life as a teenager has changed. I mean the same situations are there but the amount of technology that has come into their hands has advanced.
I mean did you have a cell phone in high school? I sure did but I did know maybe 5 people that actually had cell phones and they weren't their parents.
At what age did you start to use the INTERNET/Email? I was in 9th grade when it all came about and we used dial up so it wasn't that cool to sit around and wait for ever.
Could you be out among your friends and IM or email your friends by your cell phone? No, you had to sit at home with your dial up connection to do those things.
Download music to your Ipods? What's an Ipod?, Cd's were the coolest things ever and those are huge compared to Ipods.
Okay so we've already discussed Ipods and cell phones but having a devise that can do everything: play music, email, surf the Internet, and be a phone too...wow!
Okay so I've just scratched the surface of how life has changed for the teenager but I wouldn't change the way I grew up. What are some things that you've noticed over the years?
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, you had a cell phone in high school? All any of us ever had was a pager.I bet your cell phone was the size of a microwave! Also, internet was available at schools but most of us didn't get it in our homes until our senior year in high school or beginning of college...dial up of course.
Lou,
I would not have a social life if i were dependent upon electronics. I still think texting is impersonal, but there are probably people out there that think emailing is impersonal too. I never had a cell phone until I moved away from home, and then i felt really cool. love mar
Post a Comment