Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mind Wondering

Forgive me but I need to share some of my daily thoughts. I feel like if anyone reads this they might compare me to Charlie Brown's teacher and how the only thing she ever says is "Blah, Blah, Blah". I always thought that was hilarious that they never had her say anything because that's what I guess children think teachers say.
So here are my random daily thoughts:

-Whenever I am cutting up or washing strawberries I always think of my grandmother because she loved strawberries. She was my fathers mother and we called her MomMom. In her kitchen she had a theme and that was strawberries. Strawberry kitchen towels, oven mitts, pictures, pitchers, cups, etc etc. I love having my mind wonder to those thoughts/images when I'm taking the time to cut or wash strawberries.

-Go to and from work I usually read a book but this morning I finished it and therefore didn't have anything to read coming home. But you know that's okay because I took advantage of the scenery that passes by me every day while I'm riding BART. I love seeing new things or things that I hadn't noticed before. And I never get bored seeing the beautiful Oakland Temple. Its an amazing sight because it pops right out of the trees of Oakland Hill.

-Lately I've been taking any and all stairs instead of the elevators/escalators because well for one thing its good for you and why not take advantage of free exercise equipment right. Well anyway, I've been doing that for a while now and the other day when I went back to work after being sick I just couldn't take the stairs. I was taking the escalator up out of the Embarcadero BART and as I was riding them I could smell something funky. Now my sister Emma thinks I have a highly sensitive nose so I thought well maybe its nothing out of the usual. But surely as I was continuing up I could smell the urine and b.o. smell of the homeless. I laughed at myself because I knew at that moment that taking stairs no matter what it is, is better for your health than smelling THAT at 6:30 in the morning. Oh that will wake you up for sure!!!

-Also when I'm walking around the city either for lunch break or just a regular 15 minute break I've been trying to look up and take in all that is around me instead of head down, feet moving a mile a minute and being all hard. I notice that I am much more pleasant and have a better attitude about life when I focus on the beautiful tall buildings, the sky, and the people that make up this world. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little sensitive here but trust me there is something about looking up and joying this beautiful world that our Father in Heaven has made for us and us humans have accessorized. For example today I was meeting Romulo for lunch and as I was walking I saw the beautiful blue clear sky and popping out in between three buildings was the Transamerica Pyramid Building. It was breath taking.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I know there are certain reasons why someone would have an increased sense of smell...especially to BO...hummmm :)

The Wuehler Wireless said...

Where do you catch BART and what time both ways? My best friend,JEnnifer (Remember her?) is also commuting to SF and told me it would be nice to have a "BART Buddy."

The Wuehler Wireless said...

Where do you catch BART and what time both ways? My best friend,JEnnifer (Remember her?) is also commuting to SF and told me it would be nice to have a "BART Buddy."

Romulo & Lydia said...

I drive to Castro Valley and take the 6:10am bart to Embarcadero. Then when I come home I leave from Embarcadero either on the 3:40pm or 3:55pm train and then get off at Castro Valley.

Ruthie said...

it was fun reading and catching up. and i love the elevator story. i try to always take the stairs. kind of hard now sice ive always got the kids.

Katie said...

Lydia, I always like to come and read your blog. It is always uplifting. Thanks for your great perspective on life!

Anonymous said...

LYDIA,
ENJOYED THE COMMENT ABOUT MOMMOM, RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN THINKING THAT I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN THE NAMES OF TREES AND FLOWERS BC WHENEVER I LOOK AT A GARDEN OR AM OUTSIDE I THINK ABOUT WHAT JOY THIS BROUGHT TO HER I AND ID LIKE TO BE ABLE TO NAME THEM TO WINFIELD.
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER THAN LAST WEEK AND I HOPE YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR, DID YOU HERE ABOUT THOMAS?IF NOT CALL SOMEONE ASAP LOVE MAR