Monday, October 6, 2008

The Beach

Yesterday afternoon Romulo and I decided to be random and go somewhere. We decided since Santa Cruz beach was only an hour away we should go there. It was so nice driving to the beach and enjoying quality time with my husband. We drove right up to the Boardwalk that they have there and parked. We went to an Old Classic Car Show and then headed towards the Boardwalk. The Santa Cruz Boardwalk celebrated their 100th year anniversary last year. It was pretty cool to walk around and see people enjoying the carnival ride and games. We had to eat a funnel cake with lots of powder sugar on top. Romulo wasn't sure if he had ever had one so I had to expose him to that sweetness! Oh so bad!The weather was great, not so hot but not cold either. Just the right wind and sun mixture. I couldn't believe it was October and we were enjoying the beach. There were people in the water playing and surfing. We walked around until we found a seafood restaurant to eat at.
Weekends that are random are always the best. The time with Romulo at the beach was priceless. (I will post pictures later.)

1 comment:

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I believe it's in October but Santa Cruz has a great Greek festival with the most Amazing baklava!!! You guys would also like Capitola and Aptos. NOt to mention all the old Catholic California Missions. Those are always great to see and are normally in places with cute shopping and/or places to eat.