This posting isn't really about anything important. Nothing really big has happened to report about besides the fact that I punch in and out everyday at work while the Stock Market prices are going up and down like a Yo-Yo and people walking around giving themselves an ulcer.
When I drive to and from the Bart station I like to listen to NPR news; yeah I'm old. Sometimes when I'm driving and listening to the news I think about the time when I thought the NPR news was boring. I was probably 13 and my family and I were driving from VA to UT and we were listening to NPR. We were in the middle of Kansas, so boring and flat, and NPR was putting me right to sleep. I said to myself, "I will NEVER listen to this boring news station." I didn't care what was happening in the news, I was one of those self centered bratty teenagers. Well, maybe not bratty but way into myself. (Who wasn't at that age, right?)
So here I am 13 years later (wow 13) and finding myself actually loving the news from NPR. If there is anything that I've learned in life is never say never to anything.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
lou,
was i there? was this to thomas wedding? I must have been fifteen, so thomas was on his mission, and you weren't self-centered you were totally normal. and i also have to admit to listening to npr.
love marian
It was one of those trips to Utah so that would be after Thomas was married. Or it could have been the ride to his wedding in Denver.
I also have learned to never say never. Like i am never going to BYU and never going to raise my family in Utah. It is funny the curve balls life throws at you?
Post a Comment