Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Ho...I mean Ro

01. i was born at a hospital

02. i grew up moving a lot around Brazil, and I loved it (well, at least until I became a teenager)

03. my knees hurt every single day, all the time, but most people dont know that.

04. i can drink all the grape juice you can give me

05. as a kid, i used to use colors as adjectives to people... based on how they behaved

me: what...

give an example

Romulo: i would say people were green or red or blue

you would be...

light baby pink... probably because of how soft your skin looks and your eyes... dont ask...

i would probably try to color a drawing of you with very light pink... to show how soft your skin looks...does it make sense

i liked drawing people i knew...i guess that can be 06.

07. i also liked to write songs as a child

08. i began playing sports because i thought i was too skinny

09. i will never come back to an italian restaurant that doesnt serve gnocchi

10. driving on a steep downhill scares me

11. i am more insecure about myself than i let show

12. seeing my wife makes me smile... i have had the same butterflies everytime i reunite with her, since the day i picked her up in the Sao Paulo airport

13. i wish we could see our families more often

14. i dont think i ever had a favorite color

15. i love to go out to eat

16. i dont think i am as smart as people think i am, although i dont mind having them thinking that i am.

17. i wanted to learn tap dance

18. i love making my wife laugh

19. i can't see her crying

20. dirty secret of my childhood: i asked my father to buy me a menudo shirt when i was 7 (this one might not make to the blog, hehehe)

he did, and i wore it many times

until kids began teasing me

me: whatever you were young and they were the hot group at the time

Romulo: oh and it was a bright lime cut-off

lol

21. i am crazy about jeans

22. i think my wife is the most gorgeous girl i have ever seen: perfect features, skin, height, everything

23. i like to be a laid-back person, but i became like that with effort, and not by nature

24. i wish i enjoyed reading novels.

25. sometimes i like to daydream about Brazil... the place, the smells, the trees, etc...

me: that makes me sad...bc you havent lived there for some time and you might not ever live there...bc i know i would surely miss the usa...heck i miss va like crazy

26. i miss VA too

27. i hate shaving, but i hate having a beard

28. i was afraid of frogs and beetles as a child

29. i wish i cried everytime i felt like crying

30. i consider myself an extremely calculated person, although the most important (and best) choice i made was 100% from the heart: Marrying Lydia

31. i love volleyball.

32. i love mashed bananas with honey

34. i hope our kids learn how to play instruments

33. my favorite chocolate is dark... as dark as it gets

35. i love to buy suits, but not necessarily to wear them

36. when i am focused on something, i cannot hear people or anything around me

37. with water and pretzels to keep me up, i drove for 20 straight hours once.

38. i have never felt so emotionally fulfilled in my life as i am now.

39. my wife is my best friend

40. i love staying long hours at night just laying in bed talking to my wife abotu everything

41. i love watching my wife sleeping.

42. i am a momma's boy

43. my dad was my super-hero

I L O V E Y O U- Romulo

4 comments:

Romulo & Lydia said...

WOW-I have the best husband ever. I don't know how I got so lucky! When I'm with you I feel like the most beautiful girl in the world! Thank you for the comments, I love you!
<3 Lydia

Unknown said...

Dude, I love mashed bananas with honey too! I hope you're having a good time in my town, but I need my Fifa 08 partner back soon.
Lydia - I know how you feel. Last week Rachel went to Alaska to spend some time with her parents and it was, no kidding, the hardest week for me. It's always worse for the person who stays home. Now I really empathize with her from some business trips I had this year.
Be good

Bruno

Romulo & Lydia said...

The whole mashed bananas with honey must be a BRAZILIAN thing! I always joke with Romulo that this will be the only meal he will know how to feed our children.
Bruno, you are right this is the hardest 2 weeks of my life; being away from Romulo!
Thanks for the comment.

SK&SK said...

Hum.. I am not sure about the rest, but I remember the menudo t-shirt.... I was really little, but that probably made me fear for him a little... hehehehe