Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Thomas!

Today is my (only) brother's birthday, Thomas Daniel Johns! He turns 32 and is such a cool person. He likes to keep his youth too by learning how to Skateboard along with his 8 year old son, Hudson. My brother is such an awesome father because he built my nephews a skate ramp in their side yard with lights so they can skateboard at nights.
July 2008 Thomas showing the boys the field where the Little League World Series is held. (PA)

Thomas is a person I've always looked up to. He has such a calmness about him that makes it so easy to talk to him about anything. I respect him and have always took his words to heart. When I thought about going on a mission I could talk to him openly about it. He is the only person in my family to serve a full-time mission. (My parents are converts and he is the only boy in my family and so far none of my 4 sisters have gone on missions.) Thomas and I playing outside together. (Thomas 6yrs old and me months old.)

Thomas also has a great relationship with Romulo. When Romulo was serving his mission in my family ward, he and Thomas would go out on exchanges together. Romulo thinks it's so cool to now be part of my family so he can keep his friendship with my brother. Plus, I've never seen two guys love to play XBOX so much as they do when they get together.

Congratulations, Thomas, for another successful year and hope all your dreams and wants come true in this up coming year. Thomas and the boys at the Hill Cumorah Pageant (July 2008).

No comments: