Thursday, July 31, 2008

Working 9-5

I never thought this statement would be coming out of my mouth but, "I'm so excited to be going back to work." The past week and a half has been such an answer to my prayers because I'm going back to Morgan Stanley.

I originally didn't want to start working until September but things just fell into place. I contacted MS and they contacted me back saying there was space for me, if I wanted it. Heck yeah I want it. I met with them the next day and things were final, I had my job back. Well, not my job I had with them last summer but pretty much the same thing but better. They are going to treat me like a floater, where I will have my hand in many different parts of the company. (This excites me because it won't be the same job everyday.)

Plus, the best thing about working in downtown San Francisco is being about 1 and 1/2 blocks away from Romulo (at PwC). Our buildings are super close and my building at 101 California is literally on top of the BART station so not too far to walk. Romulo and I haven't decided if he will be taking his Harley to work and me taking BART. It's probably going to work that way but we've talked about going together on BART (not the motorcycle people).

Any way, I just wanted to share the joy. I'm so happy to be working at a place I know. I know the work, I love the people, and just knowing I'm doing something besides sitting on the couch watching tv. (Not that that is a bad thing. I just need some variety right now.)

My building is the tall glass one. I love how you can see US Bank in the reflection of the glass.

3 comments:

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I am glad that it worked out for you and it is a bonus that you guys are so close together. things just seem to keep falling in place for you guys.

Brandon and Laura said...

That's wonderful Lydia! When do you start?

Romulo & Lydia said...

I started Friday August 1st. I will work M-F full time from 7am to 4pm. I'm happy about it!