Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Missing Brazil

Today I am really missing Brazil and the people. I was looking through old pictures and came across pictures of our last visit to Brazil. And I couldn't believe it has been 2 years; summer of 2006. Not only do I miss Brazil I miss my family that is there. I miss the warm smiles, loving hugs, and my mother-in-law's food. She is an excellent cook and I love watching her cook.
Even though I am still far from speaking the language, we find other ways of communicating to each other. Lots of hand motions, small simple words back and forth with pointing, and smiles. But the cool thing is all of Romulo's siblings know English so I'm not that much in the dark.

Last summer, Romulo's parents did come to the States for his sister's wedding which was a blast. It was so much fun having them stay with us and we had many laughs. Good memories.

No comments: