
So we all remember our first ride on a yellow school bus, right? Our parents putting us on the bus for the first time heading to school for our first day of kindergarten. At least that was my first time and there are a million pictures to back that up. Well anyways, my husband's first experience on a yellow school bus was actually the summer of 2006 when we were in Newport Beach, CA with my family for a visit. We were at the opening of the Newport Beach LDS Temple to take a tour before they dedicated it. And to get all the people to the temple they shuttled us from the Stake Center to the Temple in...you guessed it a yellow school bus. So, as we were standing in line my two younger sisters and I were talking about our memories on buses growing up and I turned to my husband and asked him. I don't remember exactly what he said but he took a while to say something I do remember that. But he went on to explain to me that in Brazil they don't have the same systems of transportation or means of getting the kids to school so they have to take public transportation. I was shocked. It was interesting to hear the stories he told me.
So here is a picture of my husband riding a school bus for the very first time at the age of 28. There is a first for everything...we have had a lot of firsts.
Here is a picture of the Newport Beach Temple when we took a tour inside of it before it was dedicated. It was an amazing experience to go with my husband, my parents, two little sisters, and aunt.


No comments:
Post a Comment