Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hudson's Baptism Day




Since I mentioned Hudson getting baptized in the last posting I should probably write about that and catch up on that topic. Hudson Daniel Johns is the oldest grandchild on both sides of the family. He was born December 9 1999 in Utah to my brother Thomas and his wife Molly Kay. He was the cutest little baby ever, auntie bias (at the time; still cute but I have other cute nephews now). Since he was the first and only nephew/grandchild he received too many nicknames. I couldn't begin to name them all nor spell them right: Hun Hun, Binkers, Lambie, etc.

I'm not sure on dates but they moved back to VA when Hudson was still a baby, what before he turned 1 or something, tell me MK if I'm wrong. Anyways, they moved back and the smothering continued and we loved it. I mean this kid meant the world to everyone. So, it was no surprised when he turned 8 everyone came for his baptism on our side of the family. And on the other side his grandmother came along with his one Aunt, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Tom and their two kids came from Washington to celebrate this time in his life.

I put together a "memory box" for Hudson where people who attended his baptism could write down feelings, thoughts, messages to him and then put them in the box for Hudson to reflect back on. Also inside, one could put pictures and little keep sakes from the event in it.

No comments: