Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Buddy's coming!

So my best friend of 15 years (does that sound right, am I that old) called me tonight to inform me that she is coming to SAN FRAN next week to visit another friend of hers from college and wants to see me too. OMG!!! Buddies reunited.

Caroline, aka Buddy, and I first met in 5th grade when she moved in and was the "new girl". We instantly became best friends and then 2 1/2 years later she moved to Chicago where she has been since. And wouldn't you know we stayed friends ever since and let me tell you that was before the internet and emailing was in so we wrote letters and called long distance to stay friends. It wasn't until the summer we both were going into 9th grade I made my first trip to Chicago. And it seemed like every summer since then until I got married we saw each other; sometimes twice a year. It has been cool to have a friend who knows you and you can pick up no matter how long its been since you last spoke to them. Thanks Bud for being the bestest friend ever.

Did I mention that she is in Medical School at Northwestern and is almost done? Oh yes, that was the only thing I ever heard her say she wanted to be and its almost come true. Way to go Bud!

No comments: