Sunday, August 21, 2011

Not So Little

Well, Little Boy is starting to grow up. He's starting to do new things so fast! It's hard to believe that on the 28th of this month he will be 8 months old! Crazy.

Here he is in the bath tub. I had a little mesh bouncy like thing that we could put him in to bathe him but he soon got really big and strong that he could roll himself right off it. I ended up basically taking a bath with him with all the water he splashed out! So, for one day I put him straight in the tub but lets just say he quickly learned that he couldn't breath under the water. Nothing major happened just took one too many dips under water! It was time for something new. So I went to BuyBuyBaby and got this cute little inflatable tub. I swear the second I put him in it he's become a little fish! He loves it so much! Plus, I can keep a better eye on him because the water isn't that high.

Pictures of him straight in the tub and then in his new little tub.





Romulo has the best of luck with teaching Kau'e new tricks. I think he has too much attitude with Mom that he's afraid to pull any of that with Dad. So it didn't surprise me that today while Romulo was in the Ward Clerk's office doing his Church calling that he was able to lay Kau'e down on a blanket on the floor and just hand Kau'e a bottle to drink. Yup, Kau'e took his first bottle all by himself at church today. I was sorry I missed it but had a great time in Sunday School. Later tonight, Kau'e showed off his new trick that he learned with Daddy. Hopefully this will be a pattern!




Can you tell he's not really using his thumbs? Some steps Kau'e. Before I know it you will learn to fully hold that bottle of yours. Plus, he loves to stick the whole bottle nipple in his mouth. It's hilarious. We joke around with him that he's going to do Daddy's trick when he was younger. Romulo would bite the tip off of the nipple to make the hole bigger so he could get more milk/juice out. Now that Kau'e has two little bottom teeth, he's on his way to doing just what Daddy did.

Oh this little boy keeps me on my toes. So, we started off having Kau'e in a bassinet. Love the bassinet but he quickly (way too quick) out grew that thing so we had to move him on to the next thing. When we were debating whether to move to a bigger apartment or stay in our 1 bed SF apartment we ended up buying a Pack N Play. So after we moved to WC to a 2 bedroom apartment we still only had the Pack N Play. At 4 months he moved him from the Bassinet to his Pack N Play. Over some time we thought he wasn't sleeping well in it. Nothing major happened just didn't seem like he was getting the sleep that he should be. So a month ago we bought him a crib. We thought that things would get better. Well wouldn't you know this little boy does not like his crib at all. Sure, it took him a few days to get used to the Pack N Play after the bassinet and yes he was younger then but after 4 days of continuous crying off and on every 20 minutes all night long and falling right asleep the second we pick him up and then putting him down he would instantly wake up we knew we needed to put him back in the Pack N Play. Wouldn't you know the second we put him back in that thing he slept all night long.

It's pretty funny to walk into his room and see a nice big crib set up and then right in front of it is the Pack N Play. Crazy Kid.

Well, these pictures are from when we were trying to get him used to the crib. Earlier he spit up all over his sheets and the bumper pad so I had to get them clean before putting them back on the crib. So when it was time for him to go down for a nap the bumper wasn't ready. (I learned quickly I needed a back up on hand.) This picture is of him screaming because during his nap he found himself in a sticky situation.






1 comment:

The Allred's said...

I'm sorry Kau'e doens't like his crib. Ayva is now 19 months and she still sleeps in her pack n play. We lost the screws to our crib when we moved from Wymount and could not afford to buy another crib. But it's not bad. Good luck with the transition.