Tuesday, April 19, 2011

UP Front and Personal with Tummy Time

Kau'e loves tummy time and as of lately loves his fingers!

Kau'e has become very alert to his surrounds and is really concentration on objects. We go on daily walks outside and he loves to look around and is usually very peaceful. He is one good boy and really isn't any trouble for Romulo or myself. Sure he likes to test us at times by crying but that's just because he wants to get our attention or he's too tired to know what to do with himself. He's also one amazing sleeper, that trait is from me, he will go to bed around 7-8:30pm (gives us stretches of sleep for 6-8 hours straight), wakes up around 3-4am for a feeding, and then usually wakes up for another feeding around 6am (another 2-4 hours) and then usually around 8-9am he's up ready for the day. So all in all he sleeps about 12-14 hours with about two feedings during that time.

I remember the first time he did this, I thought man I could really function if I keep getting sleep like this. I guess, I'm lucky because that boy has been doing it for almost 3 weeks and Mom isn't ready for a change! Ha! Really! Trust me I'm not doing anything special and yes there are nights he fights us and it takes close to 2 hours to finally get him settled. Sometimes he will be asleep with the bottle in his mouth and I take it out and he's still passed out but the second I stand up he's UP! So we start the cycle all over again.

(He really likes it when I sing "You Are My Sunshine". I try other songs but it wakes him up, so I sing it over and over and over again. I love it.)





(Kau'e is 3 months and 3 weeks old (actual birth date age) in these videos!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

his little grunts during tummy time are hilarious!