Early in the mornings I walk to the Bart station to head to work. It's usually nice and quiet and when it's not raining I really enjoy that time to myself to think about the new day. And occasionally Romulo joins me.
Today's walk to Bart was no different besides when we were walking through our apartment complex to get to the sidewalk I saw a door propped open with THE HOLY BIBLE! I thought to myself gosh that is probably one of the best ways I've seen the Bible used in a long time here in S.F. besides at Church. And that moment after seeing the Bible keeping a door prop open, I remembered a time when we were living in the city.
It was during Romulo's internship (2007) and one day I decided to take the Muni Bus to the Golden Gate Park. Why I decided to take Public Transportation I have no idea besides I felt adventurous. And on my way back from the Park there was a little old lady who barely spoke English handing out old used Bibles. She would hop from seat to seat telling people that she was giving them out so people can save their own souls before they die. Yeah, crazy lady. But I watched her closely and saw how gentle she was and how much she believed in her message. I wondered how she started this mission of hers; handing out old, used Bibles. She never got to me but if she did, I had a Book of Mormon in my bag so I was going to "Pay It Forward" with her and try to save her soul with an addition to the Bible. Who knows maybe she is saving souls?
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Lou,
I love reading your adventures, it brings a smile to my face.
Post a Comment