Saturday, June 27, 2015

Working on my Spouse's Love Language



I'm working on my husband's love languages: physical touch and words of affirmation. On Saturday for date night we went out to eat at a Brazilian steakhouse and we told our waitress that we wanted to sit beside each other so a booth would be better. It was fun sitting beside my husband while eating food that reminds him of home. Just the fact that we were able to go out on a date two weeks in a row is a miracle. It could be three in a row this Friday if all goes as planned. Thank goodness for summer and college students coming home wanting to do any and all jobs; like babysit! I noticed a real difference in church during sacrament when we sat beside each other. It made it more loving and enjoyable! Just kidding. Really it was nice because we were able to connect when otherwise we had children in between us. Yesterday and today I put little "love notes" inside my husband's work bag so when he pulls out his laptop he sees my note. These words of affirmation help him get through the hard long days of work. I find myself softer and gentler with him as I focus my thoughts on him and not that he is gone at work for long hours. Does that make sense?

Some days it’s easier to be more in touch with my physical touch or words of affirmation. Some evenings my brain feels like mush and all I want to do is lay down; little kids are exhausting especially in summer time. It's been nice though having moments with my husband when we can kiss and hug for 10 seconds as soon as my husband gets home. There are moments when he's been home for a while and one of us remember and we stop what we are doing to connect. It takes time and practice but we are both willing to try new things.


1 comment:

Charlo said...

I've always sat next to B at restaurants. It never made sense to me why people sat across from each other. It's not like you need to watch each other eat.