Monday, August 18, 2014

Brazil in Pictures...part 1

 Paco and Fica, Romulo's grandparents. We haven't seen them in 10 years and they are meeting their greatgrandkids for the first time.
 Paco and Fica mean the world to Romulo.
 Downtown Santos, beach front.


 Playing in the sand. She loved every moment.
 We bought some yummy treats from the local vendors that walk the beach.


 It takes a lot to get me to play in the sand. But when in Rome and knowing my kids are only going to be 3 1/2 and 23 months old once in Guaruja, I will play in the sand.

 Kau'e loved digging himself in the sand.





 I refuse to be one of those mom's who don't take pictures of themselves in a swimsuit with their kids. I am miles away from being in the shape I want to be but I am happy and happy in the moment I wanted to caption. I love being a mother, their mother, and I am therefore happy with how I look.
 Seeing them happy makes all my worries and fears disappear.

 Guaruja Brazil ocean




 This beach front area was where Romulo and I got engaged 10 years ago. So glad I could bring my family back and to enjoy this scene again with all my loves.


 Such a pretty night and that sky.

 Local Rip Curl Surf competition.







 Love these little faces of mine.


 Sao Paulo Craft and Antique fair that goes on near the Sao Paulo Museum of Art.










 Downtown Sao Paulo...my boys!





 Our first night in Rio!


 Such a beautiful sunset!




 I love these sidewalks!





 On our way to the Christ the Redeemer statue...love this view!


 Taking the train ride up the mountain to the Christ Statue.





 When riding the train up the train goes straight up. But when you descend down the mountain you pull off to the side twice to let the train coming up to go up.





 Of course there will be a Samba band playing in the train!!! So fun and festive.





 The views from the first overlook point.

 Getting closer and closer!

 Poor Yara always feel asleep on the way up to whatever we were sightseeing. Then half way through the tour she would wake up! I love these pictures of her asleep on me because it marks how young she really is and how adventurous and crazy we are! Yara was 8 day shy of turning 2 on this trip to Christ the Redeemer Statue. Kau'e is 3 1/2 yrs old still young!




 So pretty to view Rio from on top.


 I enjoyed taking pictures of the Statue more than of myself but I had to take a few to document we were there!

 Kau'e was trying to fall asleep!

 I have dreamed of viewing this for so long that it is still hard to believe that I was there. So glad I do have pictures so I can remember! The sky was so blue and clear not a cloud in the way. The day was clear and the views were amazing! Besides the people chatting it was so quiet and peaceful for there that I got emotional a few times. It is amazing to see Christ so close and to get a sense of what He means to this city, to the world, and to myself!





 Yara kept saying, Jesus!!!







 There was a little sanctuary under the pedestal of the statue.


 People on the overlook looking at the city below them!


 Auntie Ellen and Yara at the cafe on top of the Christ the Redeemer Statue. How pretty to view this city from a cafe?


 Snack time is a must with this view!







 On our way down the mountain...Yara was asleep on the train right up so she loved every moment of it going down!





















 Ipanema Beach later on that day! So pretty! Hard to believe we were at the beach. I had so much to look at!






 The real Girl from ipanema restaurant.












 The phone booth!
























 The Sugarloaf!!!!



















More pictures to come!!!

No comments: