Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our Kau'e

I haven't done a very good job at posting about the happenings of Kau'e. With the move, this pregnancy, and running around after him it's hard enough to complete a thought let alone follow thru. So this post is all about Kau'e.

-On July 28th he will be 19 months old; hard to believe.

-Last doctor's appointment he had was last week for a follow up on the last ear infection he had.  Since moving to Va, end of March early April, he has had 3 different ear infections.  Great!  But at this last appointment he weighed in at 36 lbs 2 oz.

-As of last Wednesday, I have started putting him in size 4T clothes!  Seriously!  We went from 2T straight to 4T.  At the beginning of the summer my mom bought him some really cute 2T clothes and that's what he's been wearing and a month ago I was at the store and with an amazing sale going on I bought 4T clothes for the FUTURE.  I didn't think it would be in the near-near future!  But sure enough with this weight and size of clothes that goes with he's in a 4T.  Sure some brands I can put him in a 3T but he's mostly in 4T.

-He is talking more and more.  He still calls me "Bah" and my mom "Mom or Mom-Mom". And I'm okay with that!  He says, "Ready, Set, Go" all the time.  He responds to yes or no questions with "No" or "Yeah".  Too cute!   He still calls Romulo "Dad" or "Dadda" and my dad "Grand-Dad".  Whenever he goes down to the bus stop with his cousin Winfield the second he sees the bus he says, "Bus".

-When he is hungry he pushes his high chair to the normal spot I place it during his feeding times!

-He is too strong for his own good! Seriously!  He can move anything!  He can move people on the bench at the dining table.  He flips everything over to examine it.  He wrestles with his cousins all the time.

-He's out of the crib and on to the second stage of the crib; the day bed style with little rail.  One day he decided it was enough and climbed out of the crib.  It's been almost 2 weeks now and we are still "training" him to stay in.  He gets out of bed, opens his door, comes into our room, and comes to the side of the bed and pats it!  But we are getting him to go back to bed by guiding him to his room and Romulo's been laying beside him until he falls asleep.  We've done that method for the past 3 nights and its been great.  It's just scary to think that my little boy is growing up!  But I guess I need him too since little girl is coming FAST!

-Kau'e has had popcorn twice in about a week and a half time.  The first time was by accident but after seeing no signs of allergy we tried it a week later.  Now that doesn't mean he isn't allergic its just one step closer to seeing if he is more like his dad or not.  When he can fully talk and tell me things I will try corn but for now I'm okay with popcorn.

-Kau'e has always been a good eater and continues to be!  I can give him anything and he eats it...all of it!  One night my mom called me while I was out when he was eating dinner to tell me the list of items he had already eaten and wondered if she could give him more!  Seriously, this kid can eat!  He still loves his white grape juice.  And only drinks about 2 bottles of milk a day...which is great considering he LOVES his milk!

-He loves the outside.  He has actually found a love for basketball and of course can kick a soccer ball well!

We love Kau'e and are very grateful that he is part of our family.  He wears me out daily but I love to see him learn and explore the world around him.


No comments: