Friday, October 1, 2010

Apple, Cinnamon, and Sugar

Nothing is better than Fall's cooking ingredients. If I was in Virginia this weekend I would definitely be heading to the Waterford Fair. Its one of my favorite things about Fall because it always falls on the first weekend in October. At this fair I always have to buy a jar or two of the Catoctin Presbyterian Church's amazing apple butter. They make it over an open fire in a copper pot. Oh its heavenly.

I was talking to my mom today and she mentioned to me that they got jars of apple butter already so I didn't need to worry. That puts a smile on my face. And I have to thank my dad because he was the genius behind getting them. He called the church last week and asked if it was possible if they could make me some before the Fair opened. My dad told them that I lived in SF and wouldn't be able to make it this year to the Fair and that I savor every bite of it and actually took a picture of the jars I received last year from my family. They loved the story and agreed to make some for me. Love it! Now I just need to wait until Thanksgiving when we head to Va for the holidays! Yummy!

No comments: