Back to last night. We had box seating and let me tell you it was super fancy! We were V.I.P.'s for the night and before the Boyz came on we lounged in the lounge area that was equipped with flat screen TVs, tables, and had free food too! That is where we watched Jesse McCartney perform. Sorry didn't miss much there! But our actual concert seats were nice. Right there in the middle of the pavilion in little "box seats" and had perfect views. Thanks Allison!
Romulo and I (pre-concert) with our souvenir cup!
Allison and myself (pre-concert).

Then there was one moment in the concert that some of the stage crew guys were setting up little platforms, like literally in front of our box seat area. As they were setting them up Alexis, Allison and I were freaking out wondering if they were coming to us and if so which one! Romulo was probably saying to himself, "I'm close enough to you guys please don't come any closer." But sure enough, one of the stage guys came up to us and told us to stay put because the next song they are coming over here! OMG, the closest I will ever be to NKOTB! JK!

Yup, that's Donnie for you! Here he is trying to be the thug he is with these what 20 year old girls! Come on! Okay okay let the BOYZ relive their youth! Well I guess even when they first came out they weren't that young considering the years they were born range from 1969-1972! Haha! I love it!Not to knock any one's love for them but for Allison, Alexis, and I we were just simply reliving our childhood and making the most out of something that you really can't take that serious anymore! I know physically I'm not 6 anymore but in my heart last night I sure was 6 again for the New Kids On The Block! I joked with Romulo that last night he was my dad for the event. Because like I said, when I was 6yrs old and in the 1st grade my dad took me and my two older sisters, Marian and Sarah. So last night Romulo was my dad because "he took" Allison, Alexis and myself to the concert! Like Romulo needed to protect us from anything, we all are in our late 20's. Wow, that is crazy!
One last story to finish this post up!
When I was 6-7 years old my family moved within our town, Purcellville, to the Country Club neighborhood (that was right across the street from the Golf course/Country Club). I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was around Spring/Summer time because the weather was nice enough for me and my sisters (Sarah and Marian) to go bike riding. So as we made it down our drive way I remember seeing a group of kids also riding their bikes. Well, as we got closer to them I heard one say while pointing at us, "Are those the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK?" Being 6-7yrs old and liking NKOTB band I don't remember saying anything besides giving my sisters the look like "What where really?". And my sister Sarah said, "Not the band Lydia, WE ARE the new kids on the block!" Hahahaha, oh only in the mind of a 6-7 year old girl who likes a boy band!


1 comment:
Lydia,
I am so envious. I usually don't get envious but wow. Love the video clips, thanks for putting them on your blog.
Post a Comment