Yeah, this is Romulo writing. Lydia said she was a little out of ideas this weekend, so I said, "I will blog this weekend." As I began myself trying to figure out what to write about this weekend, I just thought that I could write about our weekends!
Lydia and I have had very different weekends when compared to the ones we had while in school. No homework or reading assignments, and nothing really important to do. Since Lydia and I work full-time during the week, we try to focus on organizing the house, being lazy, enjoying the free time, but most of all, we focus on spending time together.
We go for motorycle rides, picnics on the park, little lunches at cute restaurants we didn't know before (and this area has enough of them to keep us busy for many weekends), window shopping, etc. And, of course, there are the weekends in which after the chores and the errands, all we do is to be lazy at home, watching TV, taking naps during the afternoon, and eating ice cream (home-made chocolate milk shake for Lydia - her new thing) .
I think that, more than anything, it has been a great time to bond. I joke all the time that during the week we are so busy and with such different schedules, all we do is give each other high-fives in the hallway as we pass by each other... :) (although the hot chocolates and occasional lunces together downtown have been great to help us having some quality time together during the week).
Oh, weekends! Lydia and I love them. Don't get us wrong, we both really love our jobs, and going to work is not a drag ( at least 4 out of the 5 days of the week). However, we have discovered a new beauty in our weekends, as we look forward for the opportunity to focus on each other and our relationship, to review our goals, and talk about our plans for now and the future, or sometimes to just talk...
Well, it's Sunday night, and our weekend is almost over. We did have a good time: find a new italian place (great gnocchi), took naps, and yes, Lydia had her milk shake. But the best part: I had a great time with my wife, and I love her for that. Looking forward to next one.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
amen to weekends. gotta love 'em. Lydia, just thinking about your milk shakes makes me crave one!! do you ever put a little malt in it? soooo good. i grew up on that stuff. hey sorry i never got around to responding to your response about palin.... no worries, i wasn't offended or mad or anything! i just hadn't watched the news (and i still rarely do) so I knew nothing about obama and his pig with lipstick comment. haha... well, we look forward to seeing you guys this weekend!! let's plan on doing something fun!
p.s. i'm also impressed with your ability to put up new postings regularly of different topics every time...
Post a Comment