Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Random Happenings

So life can get a little crazy and I can neglect this blog but really I love when I do write on the blog because I'm reminded of how amazing my life is. Sure it has a lot of downs but really its amazing. More random things:

-I was released from my church calling, YW 1st Counselor over the Mia Maids, almost a month ago and I am feeling "lost" in church. I miss my girls so much! But the time it took me away from the home during the week isn't missed. I love that I am home now on Wednesday nights and I only need to be gone on Thursdays...even that will change in 5 weeks! Crazy. I still find myself texting my girls and wanting to know what's up with them. But all inspiration is gone! Interesting to see the "mantle lift" once your released! Best two years of my life!

-With my recent release I am helping out in primary and nursery...still no calling but helping where is needed!

-I am almost done with Pathway! Can you believe it, Dec 18 is coming up fast! One whole year of doing school! I enrolled for 10 credits for Winter 2015 semester on Monday! Was a little scared to do it but I know I can! It's been too long I need to get going! I am going to work on my Business degree...60 credits!

-Kau'e is struggling a little in Primary. I had a great talk with his teacher from school yesterday on how we can help him transition better in primary. I will write about that later.

-Yara still struggles for wanting mommy while she is in nursery.

-Yara is making so much growth. She knows her numbers, letters, and songs! She is saying so many words now. She loves to play with a non-working computer and type away all while saying her letters/numbers. I mean I'm constantly on my computer because of school so why shouldn't she!?

-She went to the doctors last Monday and had an ear infection. But while there they weighed her and she's 32 lbs...28 lbs at 2 year appointment in August. So all that milk is doing her body good! She loves her milk...I keep her cups filled on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

-Kau'e is wanting to always wear something red! Oh heavens he is my child! I had a red dress stage when I was little! So, no matter what I have laid out for him to wear for school he insists on a red shirt! Good thing he has a lot of red otherwise I'd be going out to buy new ones or washing a lot during the week! What we mother's do for our loves?

-We got a king size bed thanks to a good friend who wanted to upgrade theirs! We are so thankful! We've been needing a bigger bed...loved our queen but with the littles we needed the space. So we gave Yara our queen bed...i know too big but its a great bed...then gave Yara's full to Kau'e. Kau'e had a full bed already but it was a bad one...never buy those $99 deals at the stores...not worth it. So we all feel like we got new beds!!! Now, to find a headboard so my pillows won't keep getting eaten by the gap in between the bed and the wall! Pinterest is too bad!

-Last Friday, we went to a work party with Romulo's people/group. It was fun and nice that there were 2 other little kids to help with my two! Everyone actually played nicely with each other!

-It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas is coming up! But I am so grateful that all my Christmas shopping for the kids is DONE! YUP. Done. I made my list and really listened to the kids...they couldn't tell me but what they usually play with or have interest in. I went to the store and by two weeks I was done! Thanks to WAlmart and Amazon! Who doesn't love on-line shopping? Plus, we are not going all out crazy this year...really our kids are good with 5 gifts plus whatever else we give Kau'e for his birthday. I just remember last year Kau'e got so many toys that he didn't even open half of them. I still have some wrapped from last Christmas...those will be opened and used this year!

1 comment:

Charlo said...

My pillows never falland we have never had a headboard. Do u not push your bed against the wall? Why does the baby get the big brother? But you guys are tall. You need a king. We got one when I was preg with the twins and it's been noce to be able to fall asleep nursing with the extra room. I uses to get all my shopping done by tg. This year I haven't even thought about it. Ugggg.