Monday, July 29, 2013

Normal Days

I have had the extra push to write more about what our daily lives are like instead of writing when the "big" things happen.  SO, I will try to write more often on just that.

I love the stage we are in right now with our little family!  Yes, Romulo works long hours but we love having him home when he is home.  He usually leaves work around 7:30am while the kids are eating their breakfast.  The kids are up usually around 6:30am.  We let them play a little around our bed while we try to come to terms that its that time again and we need to start the day!  Then we say morning prayers and read at least 5 verses of the scriptures.  It's a wild time but fun too!  Then we get dressed for the day and head downstairs to get some breakfast.  I put the kids in their high chairs and that's when the race begins.  I get them food (usually waffles, pancakes or toast (the kids love apple butter on them), fruit (blueberries, grapes, mangos, bananas, blackberries), sausage, yogurt for Yara usually, and their cups of either water, milk, or apple juice.  They both are really good eaters and I can't complain.  But by the time I get them all fixed and am in the middle of making my breakfast one of them or both are ready to get out.  So I put the tv on for them and that helps by me some time to finish eating.  Ha!  Then Auntie Marian usually comes over before 8am and we head to the basement to work out!  We go on either walks or work out in the basement.  The kids love to play around us and usually jumps on our backs when we are on the floor.  It's fun!  Kau'e loves to watch the instructors and laugh at us!  He's a kid right!  Then I shower and by this time Yara is dying for a morning nap.  So around 9-9:30am she nurses and takes a nap usually 30 minutes sometimes longer/starter.  Depending on the day and what we need to get down we are at Memom and Granddad's soon after Yara's morning nap.  Then we play at Memom's for the rest of the day!  We eat lunch around 10:30-11am.  Nap there usually around noon for a good 2 hours sometimes shorter.  Then we have dinner there (dinner around 4:30-5pm) and head home around 5:30pm for our own bath time!  We help Memom with lots of little things around the house and help her with dinner!  We get home and clean up and get ready for bed.  Yara is usually ready for bed around 7pm.  She nurses and is down for the night by 7:30pm.  Kau'e gets his medicine (allergy meds) around 6:30pm and is in bed by 8 sometimes before.  Kau'e is doing awesome these days with his bedtime.  We give him a bottle of almond milk kiss him goodnight tell him we will play more in the morning tuck him in under the covers and close the door.  He usually does fine and is asleep within 20 minutes.  It's amazing!  Long road it was but so worth it.  He loves sleeping in his big boy bed (full size mattress on the boxspring on the floor).  He loves it and we love it too!  Romulo usually gets home around 8:30pm give or take.  The nights he is home before 8pm is precious.  I try to keep the kids up if he is to be home around 7 but its a hard fight to keep Yara up.

Hopefully I will keep up with the normal ins and outs of our daily lives.  I need it; for my memory when I miss these days!  But right now they are hard long days but I secretly love them too!

No comments: