Thursday, March 14, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Night

My calling at church is with the youth.  I am the 1st Counselor in Young Women and that's over the Mia Maids.  This month's combine was assigned to us and this was not just your average combine.  It was a huge one; close to 70 people.  We did a teacher appreciation dinner where we had the youth invite a teacher that has impacted their lives and have them come to the church for a dinner of appreciation.  I think I spent more hours on this activity than I like to add up; thank you PINTEREST!  But I think it paid off.  The girls gave me a vision and I got it done!  I got to the church at 9am and left around 11:30am to set up.  Then went back to the church at 4pm and the event started at 6pm.  I wish more pictures were taken but its amazing what we did.

We got an old school over head projector, made a crayon wreath (thank you Leila), made 2 pencil vases and 2 colored pencil vases, made up 3 glass jars with foam numbers and letters inside, had fake school schedules, had actual school books, fake apples, story time paper with crayons to entertain oneself, had a taco bar with all the works plus oreo madness for dessert, and had smarties candy with little pieces of paper attached to it with "Because of you I'm one smartie" or "I'm a smartie because of you".

It was amazing!
















No comments: