Tuesday, November 20, 2012
3 Months
This beautiful little girl turned 3 months old, still amazing how fast time flies. She is a good baby. Sure we have had our struggles trying to figure her out but I guess that's the beauty of having children, they are all different! We are still breastfeeding and doing fine "on her terms". She has a mind of her own. She doesn't quite have the appetite as her older brother at this age had but she does just fine on the scales. At her last appointment, nasty cold appointment, she weighed in at 13 lbs 8 oz. She is just hugging that 51% for weight but she is very long and slender. Trust me after a tank like Kau'e my body/arms could use a light weight! Seriously! She can still wear size 1 diapers (I still like the pampers when they are this little but when they go to size 2 I like huggies better.) and can wear size 3 month clothing but since she is so long I have pumped her up to size 6 months. They are little looser around the shoulders/tummy but length wise she needs it with the 6 months. Sure the waist of the pants fall a little because she has no tummy or bum but length she needs it otherwise everything 3 month would look like capris!
She is not quite on a set schedule as far as sleeping and eating. She has changed her night feedings from going 4-6 hours of stretches to going to sleep around 8pm and getting up around 11pm or midnight (3-4 hours stretch) and then after that eats every 2 hours on the dot! It's not bad but its crazy how she changed. Then during the day there are days that she can go 6 hours without eating and let me tell you if I try to feed her she goes crazy; turns red, screams, cries, shakes, and big tears! The second I pull away she is fine and perfect again. Like I said when it comes to eating she has a mind of her own! So during the day she can do maybe 3 solid feeds. But I still try to feed her on-demand. But during the day she gives me two little naps in the morning, 40 minutes each, and then around 3pm she gives me a longer nap and those range from 1 and 1/2 hours to 3 hours.
Her skin has kind of cleared up. We have good days we have bad days. But we are still washing her body neck down with cetaphil, face water, lotion neck down with cetaphil, face with vaseline, and head washing every other bath.
We love her and are glad she is with our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment