Monday, May 28, 2012

E.R. Visit #2

The first Sunday of this month I found myself in the Birthing Inn (Labor and Delivery) at the hospital because I was having pain around the belly button area. Nothing ever surfaced and after a dose of pain meds I was sent home. The next day I felt fine. Over the last 3 weeks or so I have had days that that area is tender but nothing too major. Well last night was different! I had the same pain but a little more intense this time around as the last. I was at the Birthing Inn to be monitored, baby monitored, and then sent to E.R. to get checked out. Well, after a long story that I won't bore you with, after waiting for almost 2 hours to be seen by an E.R. doctor my pain was gone. Sure I was tender but nothing major. But I did get blood work done and had an ultrasound! Sure enough I was told that I have an umbilical hernia! Yup, a hernia AND pregnant! Nice, huh? Can't I just have a normal pregnancy. I mean I was already "labeled" as high risk, now I'm HIGH HIGH risk! So, if this pain comes back again I am to head to E.R. while driving call Ob-Gyn and tell people at E.R. to forget monitoring the baby for 20 minutes so I can see a doctor while I'm in pain and while this little bean that likes to be rock hard is sticking out of my belly button area! Life is fun huh?! But the serious question was answered, I can still be pregnant and have surgery to fix the hernia IF THAT IS NEEDED! I need to go to a general surgeon this week plus my ob-gyn to confirm things. My goal before this hernia thing was to make it to 36 weeks AND it's still the goal but its MY goal to make it without surgery! (Not sure if that will happen though.) So this week will bring lots of fun new things and something to talk about. Right? Positive to experience was that we got to see baby girl in the ultrasound! She is looking good and is measuring great. Her head is right on at 26 weeks and 4 days but her legs, tummy, and something else are coming in at 27 weeks and 4 days!

No comments: