Kau'e is getting heavy, I mean his head feels like a 10 pound bowling ball in your hand while your trying to feed him his bottle. But he is adjusting so well to the formula. It's been a week since we started formula (half with my milk)and I must say he's done well. We have gone to this because I just can't simply pump for the next year around the clock and I am barely making the amount it takes to feed this kid. And Kau'e, since he was a preemie, won't breast-feed. He is a start boy and knows that he doesn't have to work at eating when he can and will get a bottle if he doesn't breast-feed enough. He would just sit there and stare at me as if saying I'm okay waiting for the bottle! It breaks my heart at times knowing that we won't be able to breast feed and have that type of bond but I know we have a bond because of the looks he gives me when I feed him! Plus, I feel like I can actually get back to really enjoying him more without having to pump every 3 hours for 30 minutes. Trust me I have a ton of milk in the freezer to last him a while longer so he probably will get my milk or half of my half for every feeding for at least another 2-3 months so that's about 5-6 months of my milk for him.
He is starting to really follow us with his eyes when we walk by him. He will get this really serious look on his face and just follow us with his eyes! It's cute!
Okay EVERY THING THIS KID DOES IS CUTE!!!! Like these pictures of him in his big boy cool clothes!






1 comment:
It's so fun when you can start interacting with them! It's also such a relief when you can figure out what their needs are and what their different cries mean! You are doing a great job!
Post a Comment