I grew up with history being all around me and it really wasn't until I moved away that I realized how much I took it for granted. Sure, I LOVE HISTORY and have an appreciation for it but it wasn't in my "back yard" anymore! So today my dad, my sister, Romulo and I drove to Gettysburg, PA to see the battlefields of Gettysburg! Romulo had never been and I thought since its only a little under a hour and a half from my parents house we should go! And boy am I glad! It was amazing! I love the feeling I feel whenever we go to National Landmarks. The new visitor center was just amazing and full of facts, artifacts, movies, video clips, etc. I think it would seriously take someone who has never been to Gettysburg a full week to do everything they offer! We even climbed up a 121 step tower to overlook the whole land and see where multiple battles took place over 3 days. (Yes, I climbed and counted the stairs!) I remember Romulo making a comment about how the fields where the battles took place is NOT ideal for fighting because there is barely any coverage.





Yes that was a picture of Romulo meeting Honest Ab for the first time! It was precious.
After the Battlefields we drove back home and had to stop at my grandmother's and now our family's favorite country store. We got a basket of apples, pecan pie, honey, jar of chow-chow, jar of apple butter, and a small tub of fudge. It was all looking too good! And who knew that not only do they make apple butter but they also make cherry butter, pumpkin butter, and peach butter!



No comments:
Post a Comment