Saturday, August 29, 2009
Sun Up and Shining
The first thing that popped into my mind this morning was wanting to head to the Farmer's Market. I was longing to taste the fresh fruits and veggies! Romulo and I made our way to the morning Farmer's Market with a cloth Organic "Save Mother Earth" bag in hand. Walking around the different booths made my eyes big and my mouth water. But we knew we wanted to buy fresh fruit only since summer is coming to an end and most of those fruits will be gone soon. We enjoyed the free tastings of green pluots, white peaches, white nectarines, and Fuji apples. Along our stroll we came across a fresh organic pasta booth that made and sold gnocchi. Knowing how much Romulo was obsessed with gnocchi we bought a bag of Spinach Gnocchi! And at the end of our adventure we couldn't resist a small bag of kettle corn! Walking back to the car with my fresh fruits in hand I felt like a little kid with new found treasures in my bag. Love you Summer time, I will surely miss you! Good thing I live in California and the weather doesn't change that drastically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are so fortunate to have so many resources so close to your home. When I visited Alameda,CA I too was impressed with their farmers market, what a bonus!!
Post a Comment