This past week has been a crazy busy one for us. Romulo was in Seattle again, hopefully for the last time, and I worked in the San Rafael office. (I was asked to work there for a few weeks to help out at that branch.) San Rafael is a beautiful area, in Marin County, but it sure is a long commute for me. In the morning at 5:45 am there really isn't anyone out on the roads so it takes me a good 40 minutes but going home is another story; 1hr and 30 minutes. Ouch! But everyday during my commute home during rush hour I absorb as much of the sunlight/sunset. I try to notice something new that will keep me positive. Like for instance the other day while driving over the San Rafael/Richmond bridge I could see clearly the two other bridges; the Golden Gate and the Bay Bridge. It was so beautiful to see them in the distance and have the sunlight shine on the water. Too bad I was driving because I would have taken some pictures to prove the sights and taken in the scenery better. But I was grateful for that sight because it made me look forward to the next drive home.
So Romulo was called to a new calling in church. He is now the Executive Secretary for the Bishop. He won't be teaching Sunday School to the 16-17 yr old kids anymore. He will miss that calling a lot because he was starting to fall in love with them. (And I think they were starting to respect him, too.)
Last Sunday was the Primary Program for our kids and of course it was an eventful one. The Sunbeams sitting in the front were either playing with the gum they had in their mouths, pulling up their shirts, or trying to walk off the stage. It gave a few laughs. And my kids were amazing, they all knew their parts and for the most part they were well behaved. I did notice one of my little boys falling asleep while they were signing the last song of the program. His eyes were getting really heavy and his little mouth moved very slowly. I could only smile and hope his parents were enjoying it as much as I was. Later on in class I decided that I didn't want to teach them the full lesson because they really did do a great job in the program and thought they could use a break. I gave the lesson in 5 minutes and then we played a few games. During "I Spy" one of my little boys during his turn said, "I Spy something COLORFUL." Laughing, I asked "What color?". "Colorful?" "No, what color be specific?" "Colorful is a color." "Oh, okay." Got to love kids.
Yesterday for some reason I felt the itch really bad to get a hair cut. Its been a little over two months since I had my hair cut and I felt that need to get it done again. But still not having someone in a new area makes it kind of hard to get it done. So, I went to the closest SUPER CUTS and got a $16 cut. I know, I know what was I thinking but it was $16 after all. I'm not dismissing the services they provide there but I don't think in all my years I ever had a $16 hair cut. No wash, no style just a spray down of water and cut. I kind of felt like a guy getting a hair cut, short and sweet and to the point. Just kidding.
Don't get me wrong the reason I'm not posting any pictures is because its a bad hair cut its just because I didn't take a picture; yet. I actually don't MIND it. Sure the bangs are a little too short but nothing to cry over. And trust me in the past I would have cried over these bangs. I would cry over an inch or less. But don't think I didn't run home and tell Romulo not to talk to me for at least an hour or two so I could get settled with my hair. He reassured me it was just hair and that I was strong enough to deal with the cut. What is that suppose to mean; it is a bad hair cut. No, no he just meant there is no need for tears. HaHaHa. Most of the day I was telling myself, "The cut was $16 not bad, not bad." , "The bangs will grow." Later on that night Romulo was kind enough to tell me that my hair was a little Chanel cut and it was adorable on me. That made me feel a lot better because who doesn't want to be compared to CoCo Chanel; I do! So that basically sums up my hair now; short cute Chanel cut. I'll try to post some pictures of it so nobody reading this freaks out; family!!!
Oh and FYI Romulo threw out his back the other night while sitting on the floor Indian style. LOL! I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be laughing but it was late, I was laying in bed and he came to sit on the floor to talk to me. Why he sat on the floor I don't know but it was cute. So when he was getting up all of a sudden he screamed and was "paralyzed" with pain. That's how he describes it. He hasn't been the same since but luckily he will be able to go to the doctors.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's what happens when you are a 30 year-old man, Romulo! Hang int here, buddy! hehehehe Oh Lydia, I want a picture!! I love chanel style.. I am sure it looks good. Well, I haven't had a 16 dollars haircut.. I had some 12, 14, 15...20, 45... But not 16. ;) Don't worry, even if doesn't look good, noone will have to guts to say it. hehehehe I am sure you look cute as always! Beijos!
Post a Comment