Thursday, March 31, 2016

Jan thru March 2016

I will not remember all about what's happened since the new year has started but I'll give it a try. In no order what so ever:

-February we had some pretty warm weather so we took the kids to DC to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs. Kau'e is way into them and can name almost all of them. He really enjoyed watching the new Jurassic World movie and we were surprised that he was cheering for the dinosaurs and not the humans!

-Also in February, Yara went to the dentist for the first time and did great. She was so grown up. This was Kau'e's 3rd visit.

-We continued to do swimming lessons through January and February. Both kids love the water and we were sad to stop it but it was getting hard every Saturday and knowing the baby is on its way we needed to free up those Saturdays.

-Kau'e continues to love on my belly and tells me daily how excited he is to have a baby sister. He rubs my belly and kisses it. He is the sweetest and I know he will love being a big brother (again).

-In January my mom helped me potty train Yara and within 2 weeks we got her! She is doing great and is such a big girl!

-Also in January Yara started Primary as a Sunbeam. She is loving the singing and playing games. She needs to learn a little more patience when it comes to taking turns and not receiving her turn every time.

-She sang her first song in Sacrament on Easter; He Is Risen. She did great. Even Kau'e sang some of the words.

-Kau'e in the beginning of March learned in school about the Solar System! He has been hooked on it since day one. We have gotten books, watched YouTube videos, and learned much from this unit in school.

-Kau'e continues to go to OT at the hospital and to private speech (we were doing 2x a week now just 1x a week).  He is loving it and making great progress. We are still working on his low-tone and fine motor skills.

-Around 31 weeks I had to go to the hospital to be monitored because my contractions were getting more intense. I was put on semi-bed-rest.  Whatever that means with two small kids!

-A month ago I spoiled myself and hired a cleaning lady to come help me around the house! Let me tell you its the adult version of Christmas when you come home to a clean house! I told myself only 3/4 times before the baby came but I may have to fit it in the budget because its heaven; especially with the first year after the baby is born...am I right?!

-In early March everyone except me, I was freed, got this nasty stomach flu/bug. It was nasty. Then a week later Yara got strep...again I got spared...nobody else thank goodness got it.

-I receive my last progesterone shot today...amen! I have been receiving weekly shots since I turned 17 weeks pregnant. Today, I found out I am negative for Strep B...which is one less thing to worry about! I was positive with Yara. Since today is my last shot I am guessing the baby will come around April 13. With Yara I went a week and 6 days after my last shot (at 37 weeks) before having Yara. So I am hoping the same is true with this little one...I would be just at or around 38 weeks.

-This pregnancy I tell you is amazing and wonderful but difficult! I have been so uncomfortable for such a long time with contractions and soreness that I am actually looking forward to birthing this child! Isn't that sad? I have been freaking out every night since week 30...who wouldn't with a preterm labor before. In January we had a big snow storm and I was 27 weeks and I kept thinking I would go into labor then because of the storm...

-I love knowing that we are having another girl and having everything that this little girl will need. We have clothes washed and folded, diapers, wipes, carseat, and everything else she may need. I feel like though this little girl will follow Kau'e as far as size goes. On Monday, March 28th we had an ultrasound done on her to see position, weight, and size...she is estimated on Monday to weigh 6lbs14oz in the 50-75%...I think that's huge but they reassure me that it's an estimate and ultrasounds are plus or minus 1 lb...which is a lot....so we will see...On Monday I was dilated at a 1 already...hopefully more soon.

-Yara is signed up for Preschool next year at Hamilton Harmony Church. But I also have signed her up for the Reverse Inclusion class at Mt View Elem and Round Hill Elem...still waiting to interview with RH and waiting for her placement with Mt View...she interviewed with them. Those two classes would be 5x a week for 4 hours and free...I'm hoping she will get into one but I am okay with her not too. Harmony's is 3x a week and only 3 hours plus I have to pay $245 a month.

-At the beginning of February we got a new family car; 2014 Honda Pilot. We were planning on getting a new car at the end of February but our Armada was giving us transmission issues in the beginning of February so it was only a few weeks before we needed too buy it.

No comments: