Monday, December 7, 2015

Catching up since September

A lot has happened and not happened since September. I think I'll just list them below in no order:

-August we took Kau'e to Kennedy Krueger Inst in Baltimore to get him evaluated. We will follow up with them in 6 months but in the meanwhile we are to get him OT and extra Private Speech. We got in touch with a speech pathologist, Elisabeth Miller, in Purcellville who takes our insurance and was willing to work with him. I have been taking him twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:30pm. It has really helped in his speech and for me to understand him a little better. Elisabeth has done so much for our family in the quest to help Kau'e.
-In September we took Kau'e to a doctor in Winchester, Dr. Tod Davis, who is a vision therapist doctor who looks at the eye development and how it works with the brain. It is more than just an eye doctor who checks 20/20; its how the brain comprehends what the eyes are taking in. It's very interesting.
-Last week of October we got Kau'e into the Inova OT program and has been going every Wednesday at 2pm to work with Lindsey. It is also a great way to understand Kau'e. Lots of good things coming for this addition.
-Since September we have enrolled the kids in Saturday morning swim classes. It is amazing to see how much swimming has helped Kau'e. Plus, Yara is loving the water time too and listening to her teacher. She only wants to please and comply to the teacher!
-Right around when school started I found out I was pregnant with baby number 3! A happy finding but one that has left me in fear; 3 kids! I have had a rough go around with this pregnancy; more morning sickness, tiredness, moody, etc etc etc. At 12 weeks I did all of those genetic testing and found out almost at 13 weeks that we were having a girl through blood work! So at our 19 week ultrasound that was last Wednesday it was less dramatic coming up to find out the sex of the baby but more enjoyable since I knew it was a girl from the beginning and I could focus on her everything that they were measuring and capturing.
-Kau'e lost two teeth at the same time...two lower middle front ones...he was eating an apple and they came out...they were loose to begin with but still....he was happy!



















No comments: