Thursday, April 10, 2014

Busy times

Busy times for the Aguilar household.  I will list in no order what has been happening with us!

-Mom, aka Lydia or Me, has been enrolled in school at BYU-I pathway program to finish up her degree she started back in 2001.  Luckily, a lot of information has come back to my mind after 10 years of not being in school.  I also am blessed that BYU-I took my associates degree from NOVA so that much is behind me.  I will do pathways program of 2 classes (one religion and one other like english, math, etc) per semester for 1 year.  During that one year I go to Thursday night gatherings for 1 hour.  It's a lot of fun and I am having a blast.  Tonight is my last gathering and tomorrow I take my finals.  I'm excited.  Its been  lot of fun because I've been doing it with Thomas; plus two other ladies from my ward and we carpool.

-Romulo has been busy with Busy Season and I think the end is almost near us.

-Yara is a busy soul.  She has a lot of personality that sometimes makes it difficult at times because she wants to be a free spirit but I can't sometimes let her be.  She is fearless on the playground.  She usually wants to go down the slide standing on her feet.  She gets upset when she falls on her bum doing just that on the slide.  But she will try anything and everything especially food.  She is my condiment child; dipping everything in ketcup or ranch.  I haven't tried anything else.  But on Tuesday she requested by trying to say Please and rubbing her chest in the circular motion of sign language of please and pointing to the fridge.  I thought she wanted milk but shook her head no and pointed to the ranch.  So I gave her some ranch to dip her waffles, grapes, banana, sausage breakfast into.  Interesting!

-Kau'e has been a joy to watch blossom from school.  He still has his moments but he has really improved when we are in new situations/places.  He is trying new words and new phrases all the time when he does speak.  He knows what we are asking of him when we want something from him.  It's not so much of a fight anymore.  Trust me its still hard he is 3 after all but so much better.  His skills are improving.

-The house has gotten a lot of improvements; new light fixtures in stairways, kids got fans in their room, ceilings are finally painted, we will be getting a back fence soon, the rest of the can lights will be installed in the livingroom/kitchen/family room, and I think all rooms are painted.

-We went to New Market to my parents second home two weekends ago to help them install drywall to the upstairs loft area.  Oh the pain it was but so worth it!  It was actually fun!  Nice little get away even if we did do manual labor.  Fun.

-We had our friends, Lia and Anders, over for a lunch on Sunday.  They are moving to Atlanta.  I will be sad to see them leave but good to meet them even if it was for a year since we met them.  But we will stay in touch.

-I'm sure more has happened just can't think about it now.  But just the every day activity is enough to keep us busy.

No comments: