Monday, December 2, 2013

Yara 15 months

Miss Yara had her 15 month check up:

Height 90% at 31 7/8
Weight 25% at 21.9lbs
Head 75% at 46 1/2

About a month after she turned one we stopped nursing; not both of our choices!  My body was shutting down the milk production, I needed to have surgery in the next few months any way for my hernia I developed when I was pregnant with her, and she was only nursing for nap time and night time.  I started by introducing her to milk in the bottle, which is would try to steal her brother's bottle, but after a few days of 2% milk I knew she wasn't going to be sticking to it because she was fussy, spit up, and what not.  So I gave her almond milk like her older brother drinks and the rest is history.  Sure we struggled for about a week maybe a little longer because she wanted me and not the bottle to sleep.  But after a week for taking naps at my moms house so she could give her the bottle to sleep she was fine.  It was night time that was a struggle because of Romulo not being home to help out for bedtime.  But we made it.  I would either lay down in my bed with her like we would do for nursing but have a bottle or I would have to lay her on my chest sitting her up while sitting in the glider to give her the bottle.  At first she barely drank any of the almond milk but soon after she drank all 10oz of it.  It was a pretty fast transiting and lucky too because most babies won't take a milk from their momma after they know they won't be nursing.  It was an emotional ride for the both of us but we have moved on and have found a new way to snuggle and love.

She is kind of sleeping thru the night.  After my surgery and having other hands to care for her she would scream in the middle of the night or not sleep at all unless I held her.  She is getting better because I think the routine has come back to normal and I'm able to care 100% for her now.  Those 4 weeks after surgery was rough; not being able to pick up anything over 10 lbs for 4 weeks. Thank goodness it wasn't longer.  My surgery was easy and a small hernia to repair; 2 internal stitches thank goodness (not sure how many external).



She is so tiny but boy can she eat! She is still in a size 3 diaper (day time and night time diapers).  Clothing is still 18-24months.  She needs length of the 24month but overall size of the 18month.  Shoes went up to 5 1/2.  We went to the outlets to STride rite store the week before my surgery and I was so surprised that she went from a size 4 (her birthday shoes were size 4) to a size 5 1/2 in 3 months.  I know this happens but still shocking.  So we bought two new pairs of shoes!

She eats anything!  Everything actually!  She is not so sure about her highchair anymore.  She wants to sit with brother in his little table and chairs.  So we are trying to let her do this but man is she busy.  Runs around eating others food and walks with her food.  So its a back and forth time at meal time.

She is talking more and more.  She repeats words and is starting to say words while pointing to things.  She always asks "That?".  Its cute. She loves songs, super simple learning songs, and will try to sing along to them.  She will dance too, left leg stays still while the right legs move back and forth!  Its hilarious!

She loves getting her shoes on!  She will sit down anywhere when she sees you have shoes.

Saying goodbye to people is adorable with the kids.  They know when its shoes and coats time they will go and say goodbye to everyone by getting hugs and kisses!

Our Yara loves her brother, Kau'e.  She loves him so much that she will pull his hair and slap him but he does't care.  He smiles, laughs, and says Oh Ya-Ya!  We are trying to teach her not to do so but as of now he is okay with it.

We love you Ya-Ya Girl!

No comments: