Friday, October 19, 2012

2 months




8 weeks, 8 weeks how did that happen?!  I can't believe our little girl has been with us for 2 months.  At first I didn't know how I would be able to survive but everyday I got a little smarter and it got a little easier.  I remember being so involved in the baby's care that I missed Kau'e so much.  I would long to play with him, hold him, feed him, do anything with him because I missed him.  Now, I have to say that longing is over because the scale is balanced...kind of!  Its getting easier plus Yara isn't so high maintenance that all newborns are.  She is a great sleeper.  On average at nights she gives us 4-6 hour stretches and its heaven.  Plus most nights she only wakes up once to feed.  She is a great eater.  She nurses on one side for about 15 minutes on average.  But when it comes to load up time, before bed, she nurses for a whole hour.  Of course a lot of it is stop and go because she is asleep.  But I keep her there because I know she will give us 4-6 hour stretches.  She does have a fussy time usually between 7-9pm but it doesn't last long.  She loves to suck on her arm but now I have introduced a blanket and a pacifier to her.  The paci isn't really working that well during the day but at nights when she wants to suck without getting milk it comes in handy.  Its a trial and error with kids.  Plus she would be the first in my family to take one so we will see.  We are still bathing her twice a week because of her skin issues but I think we might add another day to the mix to see if everything is okay.  She is a happy baby.  She will track you with her eyes if you come close to her.  And if you leave she will break her neck to follow you.  She lights up with smiles when her cousins are close.  Well in fact she smiles every easily.  She does like to sleep on her tummy, shame on me I know but she loves it, and one night I woke up with her on her back.  Sure enough that morning when I put her on her back for tummy/play time she was trying to roll from side to side.  So we will see what happens soon.  We got to the doctors on Monday for her 2 month check up so I will get back to you all about her weight, height, etc.  But for now she is wearing 3 month clothing and size 1 diapers.  She is long and lean because in the size 3 month clothing with feet she is stretching it out but doesn't fill out the legs/arms opening.  What a horrible problem to have, long and lean! LOL!  We love you Yara girl!

No comments: