Tuesday, September 4, 2012
2 weeks with Yara
Yara is 2 weeks old! How can that be? It must be from the sleep deprived nights! In all seriousness, she is the best little sleeper ever. Or maybe its just easier to have a full term baby than a preemie? Yara is a great sleeper and eater. She usually gives me 3-4 hours of sleep in between feedings. But there are moments when she likes to eat more and sleep less but that isn't very often - - - so far! I feel blessed that she is a good breast feeder because with Kau'e I had to pump around the clock. Yara is eating about 15-20 minutes on each side per feedings. But some days she likes to munch and only eat 7-10minutes per side and eat more often. Growth spurt? She is a very pleasant baby and hopefully she keeps that up because I could use a little break after having Kau'e.
She had her 2 week check up appointment today and she is growing like a weed. At birth she was 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. Well today, 2 weeks later, she is 8 lbs 3 oz (50%) and 20 3/4 inches long (75%) with head circumference of 14 1/4 (79%). Dr. G joked that I could feed other babies in the County with my milk because of this weight gain. Yara still has her umbilical cord and we need to help get that off with some alcohol.
We are loving our sweet little girl. And I am amazed every day that I am a mother of two! Kau'e is loving her and enjoying the moments her eyes are open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment