Friday, May 21, 2010

Go to your HAPPY PLACE

Sometimes when I feel like the walls are coming in on me and I can't breathe, I think of a happy place! And for me at this moment my happy place is CARMEL, as in CARMEL-BY-THE-SEA! Just look at this place (pictures below), "breath of fresh air". We went there when my sisters and nephews were in town and it reminded me how I need to enjoy the scenery around me. Lately, I've been so caught up in the moment and the things that aren't going the way I've planned them that I forget to "stop and smell the roses".


First time seeing Carmel, I was with my parents when they came to visit in '09. I couldn't believe the white sand and blue blue water.


Second time, Romulo surprised me for a weekend away at a bed and breakfast (Seven Gables). I got to see this view every evening and every morning from our bedroom window! Could even hear the sealions at night! So magical!

Most recent, seeing Carmel through the eyes of children! Not as sunny or clear as times in the past but just as memorable as ever!

2 comments:

Mom To Winfield said...

Take me away, a sweet escape, so goes the song.

SK&SK said...

I love the beach and miss it everyday. BTW I love the pic of romulo w your nephiews :)