Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh Gus, Gus (from Cinderella)

I seriously don't know how or why I get myself into situations like this but I DO! On Friday we had our "move out cleaning inspection" for our San Ramon apartment. Romulo couldn't come with me so I was there by myself. I had the whole place clean and emptied (well except for a desk and our Christmas Tree). At 10am sharp Gus, the inspection guy, came to look it over. And here is a little of our conversation:

We introduce ourselves and he looks over at the desk/Christmas tree and I say:

"Sorry, I will have those two items out by the time our lease is up (which is Tuesday)."

Gus: "Oh, that's okay. Are you moving to Mexico?"

Me: Dirty look that says, (seriously I have no control over my facial expressions such a bad habit that I've always had) "What? No, Walnut Creek."

Gus goes on to tell me that he lived in Walnut Creek for 17 years and tells me all the great spots where they used to drag race with their low rider cars.

Me: Dirty look I'm sure that said: Like do I look like someone who drag races and who has a low rider car. Seriously, what? "Oh, that's neat."

After going through all the rooms and telling me that my apartment was probably one of the cleanest apartments he'd ever seen he tells me...

Gus: "Gracious Chica."

Me: "You're Wel-come."

Gus: "Bye Amiga."

And after that I closed the door and had to laugh about what that was all about.

1 comment:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL! Did he think you were mexican or something? That is so funny!